I think my child may be involved in cyberbullying. What are the signs?
- Mood or demeanor deteriorates when an instant message or text message appears.
- Silent and sullen about school, friends, or what they do online.
- Tears, anxiety, moroseness or hostility, especially after using a mobile phone or computer.
- School refusal. Makes excuses not to go to school. May exhibit headaches or stomachaches (real or feigned) or even panic in the morning. Symptoms commonly disappear if the child stays home.
- Withdrawn from family, friends or usual activities. Changes in eating or sleeping.